Sunday, April 13, 2014

Rainy Morning at Portland Harbor

From our hotel window, I could see the small sailboats chasing each other in the bay and knew it was windy. I had a photograph on my mind, so when we packed up to go home, I said I wanted to make a quick picture. I drove the block to this spot. I had seen these old pier pilings last year and the light was all wrong to make a photo. Jumping out in the rain with the x100s on the lightest tripod I own, I made a few quick frames. I remembered the camera's built in ND filter and with a push of a button, I had the slow shutter speed I was looking for. In my head, looking out the hotel window, this image was black and white all they way. It's funny how sometimes, the photograph just isn't what you thought it would be. I did a b/w version, but I was surprised that the luminance of the color version was the one that caught my eye.

Portland Harbor
Portland, Maine





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...