Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Best Subject You Could Ever Want

Early this week on a particularly misty morning, I sat on a Maine beach content to be doing pretty much nothing but watch my kids enjoy the sand and the water.  But, it wasn't long before my camera came out  with a 70-200mm lens attached and I began to poach photographs.  After making many frames, I was reminded of something I already knew.  No subject that I photograph will ever be as compelling to me or as interesting as my kids.  I believe this is definitely one part parental pride, but I also think something more universal is also at play. There's a fascination with kids being kids.  Maybe it's something we miss, maybe it's just heart warming to see kids play.  I'm not sure, but I sure do enjoy making these photographs and thank you for letting me share them.








1 comment:

Douglas Scott said...

Joe, well said. Enjoy those moments as they grow up fast. Great images...brings me back 10 years!! Wish I knew then what I know now about making images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...