Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spaghetti Western

Not far from Rockville, Utah, is a lonely patch of desert and the Grafton Graveyard.  Grafton is a ghost town sited about a half a mile away in a green oasis on the Virgin River.  I don't know what it says about the residents of the forsaken Grafton settlement that they chose this spot to bury their dead when they lived on the river in green and shaded pasture.

Grafton is an easy place to find and is preserved by the Grafton Historic Partnership.  You could even say it's famous as it's been the location of several movies including "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid".  But on this afternoon it was desolate and for some reason the theme to "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" would not leave my head as I roamed around the site making pictures.  I kept listening for the  sound of clinking spurs but they never materialized.






1 comment:

Dave Brigham said...

What a cool place! I'm very jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...