Sunday, October 13, 2013

Years in the Making!

I drove a bunch of miles today with my camera in tow, but my favorite images of the day were made early and close to home.  There's a small mill pond in the village of the town I live in and the Cold Brook flows over the damn creating a really nice, wide waterfall.  I've looked at this brook for literally years and today I finally climbed down into the gully to make a photo.  It isn't exactly what I had visualized for all that time.  As it turns out there are saplings growing near the base of the falls that aren't real attractive.  So, I pulled back and made this image instead.

The overcast day was perfect for shooting this scene as it evened out what otherwise would have been harsh, inconsistent light with too much contrast and dynamic range.  Now I can't help but think about what it would look like in winter.


Cold Brook
Freedom, NH

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...