Over the weekend, I offered up a single image of the same location shot at the same time. This photo is not an HDR. One long exposure from the camera with gentle software tweaks to color and contrast.
I posted both images to the same exact Flickr group, wrote a blog post on each image and shared those blog posts on Facebook and Google+. I hadn't planned on doing an analysis, but I realized I have some data, so here we go...
- Both images have received just about identical numbers of views so far on Flickr and on Facebook.
- The HDR image has generated more comments.
- There have been enthusiastic comments about both images
- The Thompson Falls HDR image was favorited on Flickr and the non-HDR image was not
- The non-HDR image has more Facebook likes than the HDR version (4 vs. 2)