Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Art Begets Art

This week I was excited to receive an email from an Dover, NH artist named Maggie Moloney. She wanted to know if she could use a photo of mine as a guide for a painting. I obliged and can't wait to see the results.

This is the original photo:

Nobody's Home

The house is in Sandwich, NH and one of Denley Emerson's old places. See a blog post I wrote for The Backside of America for the rest of the story and another image. Maggie has a personal connection to Sandwich and found my photo in a Google search. Make sure you take a look Maggie's site as well to see some paintings that I think are really great. Then make sure you check back in a couple of months and see what Maggie created from my photograph!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...